Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Netzwerke>Welches Gerät benötige ich???

Welches Gerät benötige ich???

Starfish06.11.0813:38
Ich habe ein bestehendes WLan Netz (Fritzbox 7270 Im Arbeitszimmer) und suche nun ein Gerät (steht dann im Wohnzimmer) mit dem ich auf dieses Netz zugreifen kann und über Lan weitere Geräte (Konsole etc.) anbinden kann.

Ich dachte immer dazu bräuchte ich einen AccessPoint mit integrierten Lan Switch, also habe ich mir die Buffalo Airstation WHR-G300N (Router, AccessPoint & Bridge) Bestellt nur leider kann dieses Gerät scheinbar nicht auf ein bestehendes Wlan Netzt zugreifen um die Internet Verbindung über die 4 Lan Anschlüsse weiterzugeben.
Normalerweise würde ich mich an den Support wenden leider gibt es das WHR-G300N noch nicht in Deutschland und kommt nur auf der Chinesischen Webseite von Bufallo vor (auf chinesisch) und das Handbüchlein ist auch keine Hilfe .

Kennt sich jemand mit Bufallo Routern/AP aus und kann mir helfen wo ich was einzustellen habe das es doch klappt bzw. mir sagen was für ein Gerät ich benötige um mein vorhaben umzusetzen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Starfish
„Der Macintosh ist katholisch: das Wesen der Offenbarung wird in einfachen Formeln und prachtvollen Ikonen abgehandelt. Jeder hat das Recht auf Erlösung.“

Kommentare

osxnerd06.11.0813:45
Zu diesem nicht erhältlichen Gerät wird wohl kaum jemand was Konkretes sagen können, aber im Allgemeinen ist es so, dass Du für ein solches Vorhaben den Router-Teil des Gerätes und die Funktion zum Aufbauen eines neuen WLANs komplett abschalten musst. Du brauchst einen Betrieb als reine WLAN/Ethernet-Bridge.
u_wolf
u_wolf06.11.0818:43
Das hab ich zum Thema Cascading Routers gefunden :

Before you begin, do not connect your routers together already, as some settings may conflict and render your routers unaccessible. Keep them apart for now and connect to them seperately to configure them.

Step 2: Primary Router Setup
Your primary router should be the only one (ideally) handling the following: firewall rules, filtering, port forwarding, logging, and DHCP. Like I said, the primary router is going to do a lot of the grunt work. There isn't much setup involved, but one important thing is to have the primary router to be the one issuing DHCP. It's best to have DHCP enabled on the primary router for simplistic management. If your secondary router was your main router, transfer any configurations that can be used and compatible on the primary router (e.g. ISP configurations, port forwarding, filters, etc...).

One final step: Pick a single block of IP address range for your internal network (especially if each routers used different IP blocks) to use. For example, BEFSR41 uses 192.168.1.xxx, D-624 uses 192.168.0.xxx. They need to be on the same first through third octets (192 is the first, 168 is the second, third is the one with either a 1 or 0 in my example). So I had to either pick a 0 or a 1. I opted to go with a 1, so I used 192.168.1.xxx range. This is important for simplifying your file sharing and making computers' resources accessible to others on your internal network to be easily managed. So with that IP block range, you need to modify your primary router's LAN IP address (the IP that you use to connect to the router on your internal network). Usually, the primary router's IP would be the number 1 on the network, so it'll be 192.168.1.1, which is what I'll set mine to.

If you don't pick a common IP block, you're only asking for trouble if you later on want to share files and resources. So use a common IP block range to simplify things and save yourself some headache. That's all for configuring your primary router.

Step 3: Secondary Router Setup
Your secondary router should have most of its primary router functions disabled (e.g. DHCP, ISP configurations, port forwarding, etc...). Filtering on the other hand, if you have a wireless router like me, and use MAC filtering for the wireless portion to block unwanted eavesdroppers, leave it on. But make sure that you add the primary router's LAN MAC address (found somewhere on your primary router's configuration screen). This is to make sure that the primary router can communicate fully with your secondary router without being blocked partially. If you have a wired router, filtering should be disabled and should be handled on your primary router. Now to the important parts.

At your WAN configuration screen (the part where you would set it to ISP settings to allow the router to pull an IP address), set your WAN setting to "static IP address" and enter in the following settings:

IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
ISP Gateway Address: 127.0.0.2
Primary DNS Address: 127.0.0.3
Secondary DNS Address (usually optional): 127.0.0.4

If you guessed it, configuring the WAN settings above is so that you can make the WAN as useless as possible, as it basically has no use in your crusade to cascading routers. The router will think that its main communication will be through the WAN port, so you must render it as useless as you can. With the above settings, it will render it useless and safely make the WAN request less acknowledgments of an Internet connection (which technically your secondary router shouldn't be directly connected to, its your primary router that is suppose to).

Now, for your LAN configuration screen, you need to give your secondary router's LAN IP address to connect to (the IP that you use to connect to the router on your internal network). Continuing on with my example, my secondary router's IP address would be 192.168.1.2, an increment up from my primary router's IP address (192.168.1.1). 192.168.1.2 will now be the address to connect to your secondary router.

Now for the physical setting. Run a CAT5 (or whatever cable you're using) from a LAN port from your secondary router over to the primary router's LAN port. Do not use your secondary router's WAN port. There are other ways of running the cable from secondary to primary router: secondary's uplink port to primary's LAN port; secondary's LAN port to primary's uplink port. They all work the same if secondary LAN port to primary LAN port won't work (e.g. router doesn't have ability to autodetect cable's usage).

Your secondary router has basically transformed from a router to a switch (or access point). For more than two routers, repeat the same steps above, except to give your router's IP address one IP address increment higher from the secondary router (e.g. 192.168.1.3).

Step 4: You're Done
That's all to it. You're finished. Enjoy your cascaded routers.
osxnerd06.11.0818:56
u_wolf:

Diese komplizierte Prozedur wäre aber nur eine Notlösung, falls man den Router-Teil des zweiten Gerätes nicht abschalten kann. So wie es da steht, würde es auch nicht funktionieren, da die Anleitung für eine Verbindung der Geräte über den WAN-Port, also per Ethernet gemacht ist.

Starfish will aber die Geräte per WLAN koppeln.
u_wolf
u_wolf06.11.0819:19
Hier noch ein link:

http://routersetup.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
dreyfus06.11.0820:01

Also zu dem Buffalo Teil kann ich auch nichts sagen - wenn es als Bridge beworben wird, sollte es sich eigentlich auch so konfigurieren lassen...

Ich habe in der Wohnung meiner Freundin ihre Fritzbox mit der D-Link DWL-G810 erweitert (hat knapp 70,- EUR gekostet) und das ging praktisch von selbst (WLAN beitreten, Bridge Modus auswählen, fertig).
braincell07.11.0821:31
accesspoint mit bridget modus.. das er nur das signal weiterleitet... oder stell in den nebenraum einen devolo dlan adapter.. evtl geht das ja auch bei dir..

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.