Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Hardware>1st. 13" MacBook Probleme

1st. 13" MacBook Probleme

Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0608:57

Error / Problem:
Video driver for Apple related to Intel, doesn't seem to render properly.
Occurs when?
I close the MacBook display to put machine to sleep. After about 3 minutes, I open back up. The display shows drawing problems and grainy areas. Display noise around anything and everything that has a border and is moveable.
Reproduce?
Yes. I have been able to reproduce the problem 4 times now.

Solution
Today (5/22/2006) I took my MacBook to the Apple Store to show them the problem. Since I visit a lot, a trust of my explanation was unquestioned - expected. I didn't have my box or materials with me, however, a promised exchange was given, when I return tomorrow. Apple will be replacing my MacBook with another retail one, and give me a migration from my current MacBook to the new one. Is the problem resolved? I won't know until I start playing with the new one, but I expect it won't be, until Apple puts out a software update. I started to think about WHY this problem occurs, and came up with the following.
If you look at the location of the video graphics card here which is directly left of the CPU heat-sink and fan, there is a centralized heat-up location. I know that Apple says don't put your portable on your lap for extended periods of time (bogus excuse for bad engineering), however, if someone does for let's say 3-4 times in a week for about a month, I can only see the video issue getting worse. Why? Well, I've had freakish things happen when my CPU fan broke. This included bad computations, LOTS of errors, crashes, random reboots, etc. When a circuit (complex or simple) gets heated up, which is a fundemental problem in almost ALL computer laptop design to remove heat from a system, its viability shortens and its reliability gets poorer over time.

Lets take a video graphics setup in a laptop, right next to a CPU, and other heat components and make the form factor for the laptop poor for distribution of heat all OVER the case, vs. straight up. Well, the GPU (graphics processing unit) will start to fail. I think, because of the central location in the laptop's overall design, close proximity to the CPU flow, that if you use the MacBook for extended periods of time, that the GPU will fail, at least mildly enough to suggest its a heat issue. The issue comes up from sleep mode, but because of the heat situation the degrigation in the GPU happens a LOT quicker than expected.

I believe this is a hardware failure problem, vs. a software rendering issue based on looking at the inside of the MacBook. Looks like it'll probably get a new revision fairly soon, based on this assumption - if I'm correct. Either way, hopefully my new MacBook displays better behavior.

Mist, meiner sollte schon unterwegs sein

Kommentare

Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0608:58
zweiter bild
Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0608:58
dritter bild
Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0608:59
Ops
Andreas Drechsler
Andreas Drechsler27.05.0609:14
ach das geht doch,stellt euch nicht so an,dafür sieht es doch super schön aus ,genauso wie unsere Tussi hier im Haus,sieht geil aus aber total hohl in der Birne:-D
appleboy27.05.0610:04
Andreas Drechsler
ach das geht doch,stellt euch nicht so an,dafür sieht es doch super schön aus ,genauso wie unsere Tussi hier im Haus,sieht geil aus aber total hohl in der Birne:-D

Aber wie kommst Du drauf, dass die Tussi hohl in der Birne ist? Hast Du sie "getestet"?

Tja ... und wenn ich mit meinen bescheidenen Englisch Kenntnissen das richtig verstanden habe bekommt die Grafikkarte zu viel Hitze ab und spinnt dann ... das ist ein echtes Problem wenn es stimmt! Ich hatte schon die Hoffnung, dass Apple mit den von Intel gelieferten Grafikkarten endlich keine Probleme mehr hat mit der Grafik wie bei vielen Mobilen der Fall ... aber ... na ja.

Hoffen wir mal.

Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0610:29
appleboy
Tja ... und wenn ich mit meinen bescheidenen Englisch Kenntnissen das richtig verstanden habe bekommt die Grafikkarte zu viel Hitze ab und spinnt dann ... das ist ein echtes Problem wenn es stimmt! Ich hatte schon die Hoffnung, dass Apple mit den von Intel gelieferten Grafikkarten endlich keine Probleme mehr hat mit der Grafik wie bei vielen Mobilen der Fall ... aber ... na ja.

Hoffen wir mal.

yup so ungefähr

Mac51.de
Mac51.de27.05.0610:51
öhm... da war doch was in den news mit irgendwelchen lüftungsabdeckungen, die man entfernen musste, weil die bei ein paar geräten dran geblieben waren, oder?

mach die mal ab. (wenn noch vorhanden)
Alieninnovations
Alieninnovations27.05.0612:14
auf der seite (wo ich die info bekommen hab) steht nix davon.
teorema67
teorema6727.05.0612:17
Win User wären froh, sie bekämen so eine super künstlerische GUI - dank der überhitzten GraKa eines Rechners ohne Graka! :-D

Ja, Apple sagt, das ist ein Feature, wie bei dem Streifendisplay
„Wenn ich groß bin, geh ich auch auf die Büffel-Universität! (Ralph Wiggum)“
Bond27.05.0612:17
Genau dieses Problem (sah zumindest identisch aus) hatte ich mit meinem damaligen PB 1GHz Titanium auch. Apple tauschte die Grafikkarte aus und es lief wieder wunderbar. Fehler passieren nun einfach mal.

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.