Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Software>Kein Root-Login bei CUPS

Kein Root-Login bei CUPS

Anima08.02.0523:57
Hallo Leute,

musste leider mein System neu aufspielen. Jetzt will ich wieder unter CUPS meinen Drucker für die Windose einrichten. Mit "root" kann ich mich bei CUPS nicht einloggen. Da war doch was? Dunkel entsinne ich mich, dass die Autorisierung bei CUPS (eine config-Datei) modifiziert werden muss, weil CUPS die falsche Autorisierungsmethode hat. Weiss jemand wie oder wo ich die Anleitung finde?

Kommentare

vre
vre09.02.0501:21

Ich glaube fast, Du suchst das hier

have a question related to the CUPS web interface... The moment I acces it, it asks for a user name and password, but none of the ones I have as admin or even root will work... Any ideas on why this is ?

01-07-05
security upgrades
This problem seemed to occur after a security upgrade from some time last year. I have read a few different solutions on the net - but the one that seemed to work the easiest for me was to open a terminal

cd /etc/cups

***backup cups config file***
sudo cp cupsd.conf cupsd.conf.backup

***restore previous cups config file***
sudo cp cupsd.conf.applesaved cups.conf

While you are there you may as well edit mime.convs & mime.types & go to the end of the files & uncomment the lines that let you activaite raw printing ( the comments in the files tell you which ones to do - sorry I'm on a winBox at the moment & cant remember of the top of my head exactly what those lines are)
use the command
sudo pico mime.convs
to open the file in a text editor.

Note: after you do all this you need to restart the cups server. (or just reboot your machine) - I also found that I had to go back into printer setup & tick share my printers Again.

Please dont take this as the definative way of doing it. It's just the easiest way I found. There maybe someone else out there that can shed morle light on the problem.

The CUPS authentication issue is mentioned above...
Here's another help page:

And here's a step by step for Windows Samba sharing - not the same technique you were trying, I realize.http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3000.html

I hope you'll note that you use an Apple Color LaserWriter driver on Windows, to send postscript to the Mac.
Anima10.02.0519:24
Genau!!!! Danke!

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.