Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Hardware>Fundstück: Apple hat Probleme mit Maxtor HDs...

Fundstück: Apple hat Probleme mit Maxtor HDs...

NGA
NGA26.07.0417:20
<i><strong>Apple hit by Maxtor&rsquo;s problems?</strong>
<br>
<br>We recently talked about the problems that Maxtor (here) has been having with defective hard-drives. At that time, we didn&rsquo;t know that the 160GB drives in the new G5 were Maxtors.
<br>Patrick shared with us his experience :
<br>
<br>Just to say that my SATA 160GB Maxtor drive seems to have died tonight, a little more than 3 weeks after the G5 arrived from the Apple Store...
<br>
<br>After a first stroke of corrupted directories, repaired by DiskWarrior, the boot sequence would stop at "launching login window". I then did a "archive - install" of 10.3.4, all seemed to have come back to normal... but tonight I just get clicking sounds with the Mac being unable to find the drive or simply giving a kernel panic...!
<br>
<br>Let&rsquo;s hope that this is simply a coincidence, and that Apple didn&rsquo;t inherit from a bad batch of drives. Otherwise, about 6% of the machines will need to visit the repair pit for a problem non-Apple related.</i>
<br>quelle:
<br>http://www.hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2004-07-26#2546

Kommentare

macsteve
macsteve26.07.0417:34
hört sich doch gut an

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.