Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Boot Camp>Parallesls Beta 2 - Know issues

Parallesls Beta 2 - Know issues

seaside09.04.0621:44
FYI:

Below is the list of most annoying known issues.

* Mac OS X restarts when Parallels Workstation is left running and host revokes from “Sleep” mode. This is going to be fixed. To workaround the problem, just suspend or power off the VM before giving “Sleep” command the Mac OS X.

* Parallels can’t read DVDs.

* In beta2, it takes longer to boot guest. Will be fixed.

* Guest tools installation process is not robust. Ideally, installation should start as soon as you press “VMInstall Parallels Tools…”. If it doesn’t happen – you should manually browse to My Computer, open the CD device and click the “PrlTools.exe” file.

* CPU usage is rather high when VM is in idle/paused state. Definitely, it should be close to zero in this case. We’ll fix this problem.

* Still there are kernel panics possible when using PW. We apologize to everyone experiencing this nasty behavior. Please, if come across any grey screens, send us the panic.log as well as some additional info as described at http://forum.parallels.com/thread294.html

I’ll keep updating the list. Networking issues are not covered yet as well.

Kommentare

Dieter09.04.0622:08
Das hier ist auch interessant: "A kind of FAQ" A kind of FAQ:

http://forum.parallels.com/thread307.html

The top questions we're usually getting asked in different support mailboxes is below. Please don't treat this FAQ as complete. I'll keep adding Q's and A's here

Q: Is it possible to boot the VM off the real partition (created by BootCamp)?
A: No.

Q: Is it possible to convert third-party virtual machine HDD image to Parallels format?

Q: Is sound support available? I can’t get Parallels play sound.
N: Not in this beta. But will be fully supported in GA.

Q: Can USB devices be bridged to the VM?
N: Not in this beta, but likely to be available in GA.

Q: Can I run Mac OS X as guest?

Q: Is fullscreen mode available?
A: Not in this beta. But will be fully supported in GA.

Q: Is it possible to organize a dedicated network between host and VMs?
A: Not in this beta. Host-only networking option will be available in GA.

Q: Is dual-monitor configuration supported? Can I export VM screen to one monitor and leave OS X running on another?
A: Not in this beta. But will be possible in GA.

Q: Is 3D graphics supported by the VM?
A: No. Parallels Workstation virtualizes VGA and SVGA with VESA 3.0 support video card. This allows you to run any 2D graphic application inside guest OS. Applications requiring hardware support for 3D graphics (like modern games) will not work.

Q: Can firewire devices be bridged to the VM?

Q: Is it possible to drag-and-drop files between host and guest?

Q: So, how do I share files between my guest and host?
A: You can create a network share inside your VM and mount it in Finder. After that your files will be easily accessible both from host and from guest.

Q: Where can I find Image Tool? How do I increase the size of guest HDD?
A: It’s not included in this Beta, will be included in GA.

Q: I can’t see mouse cursor sometimes. I can see two mouse cursors sometimes. What’s wrong?
A: Bug It will be fixed soon. For now, just click inside the guest guest OS screen – cursor will appear/second one will disappear. If it doesn’t help – uncapture input and capture it again.

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.