Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Software>mounting external usb drive

mounting external usb drive

tcurdt05.03.0517:02
I have an external 120GB harddisk which only holds a single 120GB FAT32 partition. (crappy FAT32 as it's the most common denominator when you want cross platform when you need read and write access) ...now I though I just plug it in and it will work under OSX as well. But instead I get

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that MacOS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore"

Now looking into the profiler the usb disk shows up as expected and I even can mount the partition manually with "mount_msdos".

But that's a PITA. Why isn't MacOS X mounting it right away?
Or what am I doing wrong?

TIA

Kommentare

CH
CH05.03.0517:22
Welcome new user -

I made a test with a 20 GB FW HDD - formated with FAT32 - OS X mounted it without any problems. I took Quickformat with XP, SP2.

Maybe you should format it again ?
tcurdt05.03.0518:01
Hm... all my data is on that disk. Reformatting would be quite a huge effort!! I just tried a different drive. An external 40GB disk. Worked like charm

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.