Push-Nachrichten von MacTechNews.de
Würden Sie gerne aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Apple-Welt direkt über Push-Nachrichten erhalten?
Forum>Netzwerke>HELP...Trying to connect Airport Powerbook G4 to T-dsl & T-online

HELP...Trying to connect Airport Powerbook G4 to T-dsl & T-online

MOS13.12.0415:37
Hallo zusammen,

I am a new comer in Germany " und mein Deutsch ist noch nicht so gut", at list to be able to set up the connection of my Powerbook to internet...

I am desperately looking for someone using his Airport, already connected to internet with T-DSL as DSL provider and T-Online as internet provider !!!

- I have a Mac Powerbook G4 with airport card but no Airport Base
- My Modem & Router is a T-SINUS 154 DSL SE
- My Mac is detecting the WLAN network perfectly
- But I cannot validate my personal information to be able to connect to internet..
- I don’t know what point I am missing and no one was able to help me with Hotline!!!

So if one f you is capable of explaining me the final set up, with eventual necessary software from the three CD’s I received from T-Dsl, T-online and T-Sinus....

It would be more simple for me to do this by phone. Of course I will call to support all the fees !!!

Regards

Malek from Frankfurt am Main
amp;:-((

Kommentare

rofl
rofl13.12.0415:48
You don't need any extra software. This router ist configurable via any Web-Browser. So if you are connected via Ethernet or Wlan you should be able to load the config page by using Safari.
Sebl
Sebl13.12.0415:48
Hi you wrote that you use a Router. So I think you should configurate your router. Please look in your handbook how it works. Normally you have to enter the personal information in a configuration field in a menu of the router.

If you made this, you should connect the internet
Sebl
Sebl13.12.0415:48
ok du warst schneller:-)
Uffe
Uffe13.12.0416:01
I configured a client's Teledat router. It was a really straightforward thing to do. If you're able to connect to the WLAN and your network setings for airport use DHCP, you should be able to access the router at ip-adress 192.168.2.1 and defaut pw 0000.
Uffe
Uffe13.12.0416:09
There's a "Kurzbedienungsanleitung" (Quick Setup Guide) available for DL, including a section in English:
M.L.Gore13.12.0417:47
Wenn mir jetzt noch jemand erzählt,wie man die Sicherheitseinstellungen im Setup eingibt(PB G4 mit Airport-Karte und T-Sinus 154SE) wäre ich schon zufrieden. Meine Verbindung über Airport zum W-Lan DSL-Modem ist nämlich offen wie ein Scheunentor. Und bei dem Versuch der Eingabe der Schlüssel usw. wird die Verbindung jedesmal getrennt...:-(
nova.b13.12.0418:19
I remember safari isn't working as browser to set up the SINUS 154 DSL. you need to refer on firefox or camino. the manual of sinus leads you throug the configuration. but you can't use the airportadmin tools!
overdoze
overdoze13.12.0419:07
Yep use another Browser than Safari to configure it. Try Internet Explorer, it should be in your applications folder. Otherwise try to install it from your Sytsem-DVD.
Mac-Sysadmin
Mac-Sysadmin13.12.0419:41
And make the connection to the router NOT via WLAN!! Use an ethernet cable and connect your Mac directly to the router.
Mac-Sysadmin
Mac-Sysadmin13.12.0419:42
M.L.Gore
Wenn mir jetzt noch jemand erzählt,wie man die Sicherheitseinstellungen im Setup eingibt(PB G4 mit Airport-Karte und T-Sinus 154SE) wäre ich schon zufrieden. Meine Verbindung über Airport zum W-Lan DSL-Modem ist nämlich offen wie ein Scheunentor. Und bei dem Versuch der Eingabe der Schlüssel usw. wird die Verbindung jedesmal getrennt...:-(

Sicherheitseinstellung IMMER via Ethernetkabel NIE via WLAN!! Das geht sonst nicht!
MOS14.12.0420:28
Hello everybody,

Thank you for your answers...Viele dank !!!

I think that I introduced some confusion using the word "router", in fact I am using it as a modem...

I connected without any problem the page "ip-adress 192.168.2.1 " !!! After passing the different screens I do the final validation which suppose (as far as I understood)to let me connect to internet, but it's not the case !!!

I tried to do it using Safari browser, and I have faced problems with Explorer as the 192.168.2.1 page was not displaying correctly...

I will try to connect directly with ethernet cabel, but I guess it's another set up to achieve...

I keep you posted...

Thank's again for your help

Malek in Farankfurt struugling with his Mac !!!
uplift
uplift14.12.0421:24
Hey Malek,

if you entered all user data correctly and there is still no connection to the internet, perhaps there is a problem with the hardware (router).

Did you check the LED "T-DSL" at the front of the device?
Is it continously on?

If yes it should be ok, BUT you should perhaps call the telekom hotline (not t-online) (phone number; 0800/ 330 2000). They are able to check your connection. You should tell them, that you have problems to connect to the internet via t-dsl and they shall reset your (internet) port.
It helped me in several cases, i was not able to connect to the internet, either everything at the hardware-settings seemed to be ok.
„Computer erleichtern uns ungemein die Arbeit an Problemen, die wir ohne sie nicht hätten. Ich habe keine Lösung, aber ich bewundere das Problem.“

Kommentieren

Diese Diskussion ist bereits mehr als 3 Monate alt und kann daher nicht mehr kommentiert werden.